Hotel Promo

Monday, January 12, 2015

Review: Magallanes Square Hotel Tagaytay

Before 2014 ends, my fiance and I had an impromptu overnight getaway in Tagaytay.  Well, it's not really impromptu but somehow it is unplanned.  We received a gift certificate last Christmas for an overnight stay at a Deluxe Room in Magallanes Square Hotel in Tagaytay (You may check their room rates here).  Validity of the GC is only until December 31, 2014 and it cannot be used on a weekend and holidays.  We were quite in awe since after Christmas, December 29 is the only day left that falls on a Monday and not a Holiday.  Unfortunately, upon checking Trip Advisor for the availability of the deluxe room, there's none, even in other rooms.  I even tried other dates after Christmas and it seems the hotel's already fully booked.  I tried my luck by calling the hotel directly.  My first choice of date was December 29-30 to conform with the conditions of the GC.  But there's no available deluxe room on that day and the date that th hotel offered me was December 30-31.  I told them that my GC is not valid on a holiday but they didn't say anything about it so I proceeded with the reservation.  A last minute reservation and relaxation for the  year 2014.

Magallanes Square Hotel is a small hotel located in, as the name implies, Magallanes Square (Magallanes Drive).  If you're not familiar, Magallanes Square is near the vicinity of some famous restaurants in Tagaytay like Leslie's, The Grill by Antonio's, RSM Lutong Bahay Restaurant and many others.  There are buses that makes Magallanes as one of their drop off point.

Sofa at the reception area

Coffee area at the back

Our deluxe room is located on the first floor.  Their key is a magnetic card where it is also used to turn on the electricity of the room.  Its quite wise for them to provide only one card key so that the electricity will be turned off once the occupants leave their room.

Hallway to our room

Our room number

Our room have queen size bed, glass bathroom, hot and cold shower, business area, closet with safe, mini ref, electric kettle with coffee sachets, LED TV, carpeted room (except near the toilet) and complimentary bottled water.












What I love about this hotel is the smell of their linens.  It seems to be very clean.  The pillows however are not too fluffy and quite flat.  I guess it already needs to be replaced.

I find their glass bathroom quite unique.  Normally the shower area is the only one that is made of glass.  But theirs was the enclosed area of the bathroom made of glass.  Well, not really the whole bathroom but specifically their door and side panels.  The bathroom is clean but the shower area seems clogged as water gets too long to be drained after shower.  Their toilet also has bidet.  Towels and a few toiletries were provided.

I also find it unusual for a small hotel like this to have a safe and carpet.  The carpeted floor covers most of the room except the area outside the bathroom.  The safety box is just small.

Our accommodation includes buffet breakfast.  But they are only serving garlic rice, egg, tocino and longganisa.  Orange juice, water and coffee are the available drinks.  My fiance and I love their garlic rice.  It seems to be cooked in butter.  You can taste and smell it on the rice.

Below is the hotel's room rate for 2015.


I find their rate without discount to be expensive.  With the discount, its quite reasonable already, although my fiance still finds it a bit expensive.  He thinks the hotel is very basic.  No special or additional amenities for the rate.  Well, its quite true but additional things like carpet, safety box and card key, for me, was the "added" feature of the hotel.  Nevertheless, the hotel is recommendable due to its proximity to famous restaurants in Tagaytay.  What's more, they accommodated and allowed us to stay on a holiday even if it is not valid as per GC.  The staff were also approachable and they replied to my inquiries quickly.  Not bad for a free, quick, last 2014 hurrah!

Should you wish to book this hotel for your staycation, you may go to this link.

5 comments:

  1. The hotel kinda looks basic. Maybe their fee is based on their location. I hope you enjoyed your stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. You're blessed having an opportunity to experience the incomparable service of Tagaytay hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maganda yung place, perfect pahingahan kapag nasa maghapon pamamasyal sa Tagaytay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this article it. I am currently checking on Tagaytay Condominium. I will also look the condo mentioned above. Hope I can find one. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to give comments and feedbacks but no spamming/advertising please.