Hotel Promo

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Review: Bag repair at Besa’s

People who knew me knows how I carefully take good care of my bags. I wouldn’t want my bags to be placed just anywhere to avoid scratches and dirt. I haven’t had my bags cleaned, restored or repaired by any bag restoration shop, though I once had one of my leather bags tighten up its loose hardware.  I send it to Mr. Quickie to do that.  It did its job but it kinda pound the hardware that made the brand name slightly unreadable.  Well, it doesn't matter much as it was in the interior of the bag.

Anyway, what I will be posting today is the good work that Besa's have done in "upgrading" my bag (This was done last year, so this is already a long delayed post 😂).  I had this wonderful Kate Spade bag that looked like Celine Trapeze. Its Kate Spade Magnolia Park Laurel in Soft Rosetta and Black color combination.


Size is just right when I ordered online but when I received it, its kinda big for my liking.  But still I am able to use it.  Whenever I use it, I had difficulty in closing the bag once opened most especially when there are "bag inspections" in every entry of office buildings or even at the malls.  Once opened, the bag tend to widely show everything inside.  The bag only have flap closure and nothing more.  So I decided to put a zipper inside similar to the actual Celine Trapeze bag.

I had searched and asked around for shops to have zipper done on my bag.  I wouldn't want to go back to Mr. Quickie as I think putting zipper is not a "quick" job.  Some suggested Besa's as they've been in the bag restoration/repair industry for decades.  And so I chose Besa's.  Besides, it is near my workplace so I can pick it up after office.  I didn't expect much on the outcome as I have never had bag restoration in Besa's (nor in my entire life) before. But to my surprise, their work was really amazing.  No traces of "addition" of zipper.  It seemed like its really part of the bag.  Even the zipper color almost matched the  rosetta color of the bag.

Zipper when opened


Bag when closed


Color of zipper compliments the bag


See how neatly they attached the zipper, not a trace on how they did it!


As a first timer in Besa's, I am very much satisfied and I had plans of having my other bags cleaned/restored by them.  I had a few designer bags that also need cleaning or even color restoration. I had this one particular bag that got stained by hair color on its leather handle (vachetta).  I wonder if Besa's can remove it. But I am also considering other bag cleaning service providers that is focused more on leather materials. Any suggestions? I only knew a few but which one can remove stain in vachetta leather: Doctor Leather, Bag Rx, Leather Fix, Vintage Restore or any other?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to give comments and feedbacks but no spamming/advertising please.