Hotel Promo

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Products for Dry Skin (Body)

I do have very a dry skin especially on my legs.  Eversince I was a kid, I regularly apply lotion after bathing.  That becomes a habit until now.  My (dry) skin on my legs looked like snake skin and flaky.  During cold months, it tends to become really dry and itchy.  I have experienced having wounds on my legs and lower back because I scratch off the itchiness.  I tried lots of lotions and oils through the years but very few products have helped  ease the dryness.  Most products just give moisture for few hours and then flaky again in the afternoon.  So I’d like to share with you my holy grail products which gave my skin the moisture it needs for 24 hours.  Here are some of them.

ctto: Photo from Jergens website

1. Jergens Lotion

This was the lotion that I’ve been using eversince I was a kid, in grade school I believe.  I use the original scent variant.  They have improved their product line through the years and added various variants that's why I also tried their Ultra Healing variant.  Both are effective on my legs as the moisture lasts all day.  The only problem is that it can feel quite sticky due to its thick consistency which is not advisable when you are commuting or when its summertime.



ctto: Photo from Google

2. Vaseline Lotion

I use the yellow variant or the Intensive Care Essential Healing.  I like its consistency as it is light.  The moisture is also long lasting, no sticky feeling even on humid climate.  I tried other Vaseline variant but I go back to this one.  Light consistency and absorbs quickly.  It also smells good.  And of course, this is one of the cheapest!




ctto: Photo from Bath and
Body Works website

3. Bath and Body Works Lotion and Shower Gel

Most of the Bath and Body Works lotions have shea butter ingredient which is known for its moisturizing properties.  It also have coconut oil and Vitamin E which are also good in moisturizing skin.  I use the Warm Vanilla Sugar variant, not only with their lotion and shower gel but also their fragrance mist.  When the shower gel and lotion is used, you can really achieve 24 hours moisturization.  But using only the lotion works wonders already. It also smells good and yummy!




ctto: Photo from St. Ives website

4. St. Ives Softening Body Lotion

I found this lotion in Landers and was on sale. I was in continuous search of effective lotion then that’s why I bought this.  The variant I bought is Coconut and Orchid. Similar to Bath and Body Works, coconut is known to provide moisture to dry skin at the same time nourish it. I’m so glad I bought this! While all the lotions mentioned above were effective, this one performed best! The snake skin look on my legs has become less visible. It is also non sticky, absorbs quickly and smells nice.  This is my ultimate holy grail! Unfortunately, I can no longer find this in Landers. Local supermarket and even Unilever store in Shopee doesn’t carry the same variant. 


ctto: Photo from L'Occitane website

5. L’Occitane Shea Body Shower Oil

Aside from lotions, I am in constant search for a non-drying soap, shower cream/gel, and body wash.  I found this L’Occitane body shower oil which is good for dry skin according to the sales lady.  Well, the sales lady is right!  This is quite expensive but really effective. I mostly use Dove soap or body wash but I still get a dry feeling on my skin after bathing.  But with L’Occitane, I never felt that.  Skin is smooth that I can do away without a lotion (but habit permits me not).  This variant of L’Occitane also has body lotion, soap, hand cream and foaming bath, but I haven’t tried any of those.  It's quite expensive!


I also tried applying oils directly on skin such as coconut oil, jojoba oil, sunflower oil but I feel they’re not as effective.  Or maybe I have not used them for long as I don’t like the heavy and sticky feeling.  I also tried Human Nature lotion so as to be environment friendly but unfortunately, their lotions doesn't keep my dry skin hydrated for long hours.  I also tried Aveeno lotion but its too sticky for me.

On way, I believe, that helps in keeping skin hydrated and moisturized is drinking plenty of water.  I admit, I am not a fan of drinking water frequently when I was younger which maybe the cause of itchiness on dry skin during cold months.  But now, I no longer experience those.  I try to drink at least 1.5 to 2 liters of water everyday.  It does not only keep you hydrated, it also have lots of benefits in your body.

I hope you will find this blog post useful especially if you’re suffering from a very dry skin in your body.  You may also share your holy grail products in helping you ease dryness and itchiness on your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to give comments and feedbacks but no spamming/advertising please.