Hotel Promo

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sparkle review

I finally availed the Sparkle service I bought from Metrodeal. The voucher includes Japanese hot oil, hand and foot srub and reflexology. According to the deal, the whole service is originally valued at Php 800 and will last for 60 minutes. Here's my review.

When I arrived at the spa, there's a lady who also availed the deal (i only noticed it when we were seated side by side) and she almost had her hair done that is all wrapped with foil. No electronic heat was put on her head for the hot oil. The staff is already preparing for her scrub when another staff called me to wash my hair.

After washing, the staff put on some mask or conditioner like on my hair. While applying with bare hands, she also massages my scalp and head which is good. When applying and massaging is done, she wrapped my hair with a foil and secure it with a towel-like band around my hairline. By this time, the lady customer beside me had her scrubs on her hands done. She was a little ahead of me on all of these services.

The next thing the staff did to me was applying some essential oil on both my arms and hands. Later, a scrub was applied. Same procedure was applied on both my legs and feet. The scrubs were kinda coarse. I felt uneasy when the staff rubbed the scrub on my arms and legs hard especially to those sensitive skin areas. I thought I had a skin scratch with it.

These srubs were removed by the staff with water and sponge. After it was removed, the staff started massaging my arms and hands. I guess this is the reflexology part. The massage was a little hard, making my fingers "crack" which I didn't like. When my arms were done, the staff started massaging my legs and feet. Most of the massages were at my sole. Pinching and pressing my sole, fingers and legs. I thought these will be very relaxing if you have tired lefs an feet. As for me, again, it was kinda painful. Well maybe because I'm not fond of massages. And also, I wasn't tired that day so my muscles were not stiff. There were even times that I already exclaimed painfulness to the staff so she can lighten the massages.

When all this massages are done, the staff then rinses my hair. Afterwhich, my hair was swiftly dried with a blower. The staff didn't comb or used a brush while drying my hair. She just gently scan my wet hair with her fingers to dry it. I like this technique in drying my hair. While blow drying, the lady customer was at that time was just gettig ready to rinse her hair.

When my hair was dried, the staff gently combs my hair. Surprisingly, there were no tangles. My hair was all straight as if I had it relaxed. I love the effect on my hair. It was soft to touh too.




You will noticed that I keep on mentioning the lady customer. Well, it is because she were ahead of me to undergone the treatment and all but still i'm the one who finished it first. It took me less than an hour to finish but I guess that will be dependent on the staff who is taking care of you.

Overall, I give the whole experience a rating of 7 out of 10 (10 being the highest). I like the Japanese hot oil on my hair. I like the srubs but it would be better if the staff won't rub it hard on your skin. I didn't like the massages simply because I'm not fond of massages. It's painful on my part. But I think that kind of massage will be very relaxing after a tiring day. The deal at Php 149 discounted price was all worth it. But if it returned to its original price of Php 800, I find it expensive. The Japanese hot oil has a good effect on my hair but it seems the same effect when I use Human Heart Nature's Hair Mask. As for the massages and scrubs, I can't comment further on the price as I haven't done same service from other salon. Should I go back there? Well yes, but mostly for hair treatments and mani/pedi or foot spa service. Nothing more than that. Will I recommend it? Yes, especially if you are fond of massages. The staff are friendly too. They're also giving recommendations without really hard selling their products and services.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to give comments and feedbacks but no spamming/advertising please.