Hotel Promo

Sunday, July 15, 2012

The King of Comedy: Dolphy

Everybody mourns on the death of the Philippines' King of Comedy, Dolphy Quizon last July 10. Even my sister and I got really sad and teary eyed when we heard the news. We were watching Walang Hanggan (a phenomenal teleserye as what they've claimed) and I was giggling on the love story that time when during commercial break, a flash news about Dolphy's death was announced.

Many people expressed their sympathy on his death, particularly in social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. This just shows how huge was Dolphy's influence to people and how almost every generation knew him.

I can say I knew Dolphy (not personally but as an actor) eversince John and Marsha days. I'm not a fan but I'm hearing and seeing the sitcom on tv when my family's watching. When I was growing up, I remember watching Home Along Da Riles and I know I got fond of it. Dolphy and Nova Villa's tandem was really funny. Well I guess Nova Villa was really a great comedian ever since her long running sitcom such as Chika Chika Chicks and Abangan Ang Susunod Na Kabanata.  And yes, who will forget the comedic tandem of Dolphy and Panchito? My brother loves them.

It must be really fun now in heaven when most of the famous comedy actors are already there: Dolphy, Panchito, Redford White, Babalu, Rene Requestas and many others. This got me thinking. Will they be really be seeing each other there? Will they still know each other? How's life like in heaven? Well, I don't wanna know that now moreso experience it! Wherever they are, I hope they are happy same goes to their family whom they have left behind. And to Dolphy's family, my deepest condolences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to give comments and feedbacks but no spamming/advertising please.