Hotel Promo

Monday, October 14, 2013

Viber, Line, WeChat, Kakao Talk

Admit it. I'm sure you have at least one of these instant messaging or chat applications on your smartphone.  Me, I have at least 3 but I frequently use only 1.

Before, text messaging was your only way to reach your loved ones in the cheapest way using your mobile phone.  But because of technological advancement, there are now so many ways to reach them, not just by texting but through sending instant messages.  No, not through email nor through online chat such as Yahoo Messanger and Skype.  And no, you don't even need to be connected to the internet.  Instant messaging applications (or a.k.a Chat applications) such as Viber, Line, WeChat, Kakao Tallk are available in application stores on your smartphones which you can download for free.  Once you have these applications, you can use them also for free!  Well not really, you still need to have either WiFi connection, Unli Data or Unli Chat service offered by your service provider.

All of these instant messaging applications offers free calls and text messaging.  So what's the difference between Viber, Line, WeChat, Kakao Talk and other instant messaging applications available for smartphone?  Well, I'm really not sure.  But I think they only differ to add-on features it offers.

I first learned about Viber and I knew it offers free calls worldwide as long as you have WiFi.  My siblings encourages each one of us to have Viber because some of them are working abroad.  Aside from Skype to help us connect to each other, we also had Viber which allows us to be connected instantly.  This has become very useful for us, most especially our homes have wireless connections and our mobile phones are capable of using Viber.  The free call offered by Viber was the most useful feature I love from Viber.  And now, the group chat feature is the secondary feature my siblings and I
enjoy.  Its like our billboard where we can post anything in case we're offline.  And when we're online, we can easily converse to each other, anywhere in the world!
Viber logo

I knew about Line when I downloaded Line Camera.  I enjoyed the features of Line Camera as it adds beauty to your pictures with its various effects, stamps/stickers and text features.  The stickers available in the camera are also in the instant messaging.  I've been reading in some fashion bloggers about Line chat and they find the stickers adorable as it can be added to your message.  Some of its stickers are also "moving" which can also express what you're feeling.  Although I have recently downloaded Line chat, I still don't use them as I don't have friends who uses the same app.   

Line logo

WeChat has became famous because of its advertisement on TV.  One of its famous feature is the voice chat wherein instead of sending text message, you can just send a voice message instantly.  This feature differentiates this app from other instant messaging app which got me interested.  So I let my boyfriend download this app so we can "talk" endlessly and for free.  WeChat also features voice group chat.  I haven't tried that though.  They also have cute stickers that is "moving".  So just like Line, aside from your message, you can just send stickers as an addition to what you wanted to say.

WeChat logo

Kakao Talk was the most recent instant messaging app available in the market.  Just like WeChat, this become famous because of its advertisement on TV.  The most advertised feature of Kakao Talk was their "moving" sticker.  With just exchanging stickers, you can already relay your message or your feelings to your friends clearly.  I'm not so familiar with Kakao Talk since I no longer downloaded this.  I feel I have enough instant messaging app on my smartphone.

Kakao Talk logo
 
There are other apps available for chat such as FB instant messaging, Yahoo Messenger, Skype and many others which I may not be familiar of.  Whatever applications you are using, the most important is that you can now connect to anyone at an instant.  I wonder what will be the next innovation available to your smartphone?  

1 comment:

  1. I am not fond of these. Anti-social kasi ako. Hehe. Pero I wish my mother has 24/7 internet connection para libre nlg tawag2. As with my friends, I am not a blabbermouth. Pero pag sa office, yun IM nang IM.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to give comments and feedbacks but no spamming/advertising please.