Hotel Promo

Friday, September 23, 2011

Acidic?

I think this is the generic, common term I have experienced with my stomach ache yesterday.  I was feeling so much pain in my stomach and back at past 2 or 3 in the afternoon.  I already wanted to go home but at the same time I wanted to consult a doctor.  Unfortunately, our company doctor will be available at 4pm.  So for quick relieve, I just drank hot water.  It somehow alleviate the pain.

When I consulted our company doctor, he diagnosed me with having gastro something.  I didn't quite get the complete term but in leyman's term, it is somewhat related to being acidic.  I asked if the pain in my back has anything to do with UTI.  Fortunately, he said it is not and it is so far from UTI.  He prescribed me with Nexium, 1 tablet per day for 7 days.

I was surprised how expensive the tablet was!  Each tablet cost Php 110!  I can't recall having bought any medicine as expensive as that in my entire life.  That's when I realize that health is really wealth.  And prove that the tagline: "Bawal magkasakit" from a certain multivitamin commercial is really true.  It's hard to get sick with all those expensive medicines.  It's also then I realize I should watch what I eat. 

I searched the internet for what Nexium is.  It turned out it is a medicine to treat heartburn.  I can't believe I was almost getting that kind of sickness.  Well, I haven't felt any of its symptoms although yesterday, I also felt a little pain above my stomach, nearing my chest.  Since I really don't want to get serious illness, I googled all those foods to avoid when you're acidic.  I ranted when I found out that almost all the foods I'm taking everyday should be avoided!  Even my favorite rice! Haha!  I'm a rice person.  I can eat 1 and a half to 2 cups of rice with just 3 or 4 pieces of siomai.  Construction worker as what they've described me.  It's kinda humiliating because sometimes I outnumbred my male friends when eating rice.  But that's ok, I'm just hungry, haha!  Anyway, there are some sites that indicates rice as ok to eat when acidic.  So it gets kinda confusing.  Browsing through other foods to avoid, I thought, what else should I eat now, leaves?  Even chicken and fish should be avoided.  Well, I think yes, I should only eat green leafy vegetables.  Huhu, that's really sad...  My stomach won't be full with just eating salads.  It will just make my jaw tired from chewing.

Right now, I'm really watching what I eat.  I know it's hard to avoid those acidic foods but I guess I should eat those in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to give comments and feedbacks but no spamming/advertising please.