Hotel Promo

Monday, September 26, 2011

Recipe of The Day

I can't recall where I got these recipes.  I just saw them in my old computer.  I cooked them this lunch and my dad liked it.  He even told me I looked like Chun-Li a.k.a. Kristin Kreuk while we're watching Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li during lunch.  He must have been blown away with the foods I cooked, haha!

Steamed Fish Fillet in Tausi Sauce



Marinade:
3 tbsp ginger juice (i just grated the ginger)
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp gin (i don't have this so i didn't put any to replace this)
350 g. fish fillet (i used dory fish fillet from sm)
*I marinate this while cooking the sauce

Sauce:
2 tbsp oil
3 slices ginger, shredded
1 stalk leeks, shredded
2 tbsp black beans, washed and strained
2 pieces dried chinese mushrooms, rehydrated in hot water then shredded
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp gin (again, i don't have this)
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/4 tsp white pepper

Topping:
1/4 cup corn oil (i only used ordinary oil. i'm not sure if there'll be difference in taste when used this)
1/4 cup chopped garlic
1 stalk leeks, shredded
1/2 piece red bell pepper, shredded
1 sprig cilantro

1. saute ginger and leeks in oil. then add the rest of the ingredients for the sauce.
2. season with sugar, light soy sauce and white pepper.
3. place on top of marinated fish and steam for about 10-15 mins. or until cooked.
4. discard the ginger and leeks (pero ako di ko na inalis, hehe).
5. for the topping, fry garlic in oil until golden brown. add in leeks and bell pepper, stir fry for a few minutes. top these over the fish and add cilantro for garnish.
6. serve at once


Eggplant with Pork



1. slice eggplant into 1-1/2 inch stick.
2. soak in salted water and let stand for few minutes.
3. fry in oil until half cooked.
4. using same oil, saute garlic, onion, tomatoes.
5. add kasim (sliced into strips) and pork broth (pork cube dissolve in water). simmer until pork is cooked.
6. add fried eggplants.
7. serve hot.



Enjoy!

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to give comments and feedbacks but no spamming/advertising please.